Over 365,000 people attended the 40th annual 9NEWS Parade of Lights on Friday, December 5 and Saturday, December 6. The following offers a glimpse of the fun thousands of people experienced.
- Number of Marching Bands: 7
- Number of Floats: 11
- Number of Balloons: 4 (this year featured Mighty Mouse and Tiger as all-new balloons)
- Number of Performers: 372
- Number of Band Members: 919
- Friday Marching Band Winner (Music/Marching): Legacy High School Lightening Marching Band
- Saturday Marching Band Winner (Lighting/Overall Presentation): Mountain Range High School Mustang Marching Band
- Number of Blocks: 22 blocks (2.2 miles)
- Number of Lights on Floats: 200,000
- Glitter on Floats: 710 pounds
- Amount of Helium in Floats: 10,000 cubic feet to fill four balloons over two nights (equivalent to filling 20,000 11-inch balloons)
- Glitter for the Makeup of Costume Characters: 3 pounds
- Coffee & Cocoa for Volunteers: 306 gallons
“For 40 years, the Parade of Lights has been entertaining the people of Denver with safe, family-friendly and free holiday fun,” said Tami Door, president & CEO of Downtown Denver Partnership. “This year in particular, the Parade helped bring together our community to celebrate each other and the spirit of our city during the holiday season.”
The 2015 Parade of Lights will take place Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5.