Downtown Denver is the hub of the Regional Transportation District’s (RTD) transit system, serving commuters and visitors from all parts of the seven-county Denver metro region. RTD offers an integrated network of buses and light rail, including the FREE MallRide, to help get you where you want to go.
RTD’s light rail system offers 35 miles of track over six lines to take you to destinations in Downtown Denver, Lower Downtown (LoDo), Five Points, Arapahoe Square, the Central Platte Valley, Auraria and beyond. Find route details and schedules below.
- C Line Denver Union Station to Mineral Avenue
- D Line 30th Avenue and Downing Street to Mineral Avenue
- E Line Denver Union Station to Lincoln Street
- F Line 18th Street and California Street to Lincoln Street
- H Line 18th Street and California Street to Nine Mile Station
- W Line Denver Union Station to Jefferson County Government Center/Golden Station
If the light rail doesn’t take you where you need to go, there are more than 60 RTD bus routes that head into Downtown Denver. Many stop at or near the three major RTD stations along the 16th Street Mall: Civic Center Station, Market Street Station and Union Station.
Route Details and Schedules
- Find Denver transit schedules for the buses, light rail and SkyRide at rtd-denver.com.
- RTD Trip Planning Tool: Enter an intersection, address or landmark for your origination and destination points.
- Google Maps: Get step-by-step travel directions on public transit with Google maps.
- MyStop: RTD’s MyStop is an automated phone service that lets you know when your next bus will arrive. Just provide the unique five-digit number on the sign by the stop and you’ll be given the next three scheduled arrivals for that stop.
- m.rtd-denver.com: RTD’s mobile website lets you find nearby stops and stations, check schedules and arrival times, check fares and more, all from your mobile device’s web browser – no app required!
Want to know the latest on schedule and routes changes? Click here!
Once Downtown, commuters and visitors can ride the free 16th Street Mall Shuttle. Running the length of the 16th Street Mall, the shuttle runs at frequent intervals offering convenient connections to all parts of Downtown, from Union Station and LoDo to the Denver Pavilions and Civic Center. The shuttle also connects to the three major transit stations in Downtown: Union Station, Market Street Station and Civic Center Station, as well as all light rail lines.
Fares and Passes
Fares for RTD light rail and bus service range from $2.25 to $5 and are completely transferable. Discount fares are available for those who qualify.
FasTracks is RTD’s voter-approved transit expansion program – the largest in the nation – transforming transportation through the Denver metro area.
FasTracks will provide:
- 122 miles of new rail service
- 18 miles of bus rapid transit
- 57 new stations
- 31 new Park-n-Rides
- 21,000 new parking spaces
- Redevelopment of Denver Union Station