There are so many transportation options, check out how you can get to the Parade this holiday season:
The parade route is easily accessible by light rail, bus, bicycle and use of public transportation is encouraged. The 16th Street Mall Shuttle provides free service and passes by the California, Stout and Union Station Light Rail Stations. Mall shuttles will not operate during the one-hour parade, but will be running before and after the parade. Parking options can be found here. Please note that access to some facilities may impacted by street closures, so plan to arrive early.
RTD’s Light Rail provides uninterrupted service before and after the parade and parking at RTD park-n-Ride locations. The H, F and D-lines will bring travelers directly to the parade route. However, during the parade, these lines will be temporarily suspended on Stout and California between 14th and 18th Streets, and passengers will need to get off at the Theatre District/Convention Center or 18th & Stout stations. For more information and light rail schedules, call RTD at 303.299.6000 or visit www.RTD-Denver.com.
16th Street Mall Shuttle
With FREE shuttle services, you can park anywhere in Downtown and your destination is on a short ride away. Mall shuttles will not operate during the one-hour parade, but will be running before and after the parade.
Downtown Denver is accessible from all directions via I-25, 6th Avenue, Speer Boulevard, Brighton Boulevard (From I-70), Lincoln Street, Santa Fe Drive and Colfax Avenue. Read on for directions to Downtown, or click here to map a route on MapQuest. If you drive, plan to arrive before 7:00 p.m. on Friday and 5:30 p.m. on Saturday when the street closures begin (see Street Closure section below).
- From the NORTH: Take I-25 to Park Avenue to Downtown parking or take I-70 to southbound Brighton Boulevard to Downtown parking.
- From the SOUTH: From I-25, exit to northbound Lincoln Street to Downtown parking. An alternate route is to take I-25 to Auraria Parkway to Downtown parking. From Santa Fe Drive, stay on Santa Fe across Speer Boulevard where it turns into Stout Street to Downtown Parking.
- From the EAST: Take I-70 to southbound Brighton Boulevard to Downtown parking, or use 8th Avenue, 13th Avenue, 18th Avenue or Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard into Downtown.
- From the WEST: Take I-70 to I-25 South and merge onto the Park Avenue off ramp. Continue on Park Avenue to Downtown Parking. You can also take 6th Avenue to Santa Fe and stay Santa Fe across Speer Boulevard to Downtown parking.
Please note that there will be parade route and staging area closures before, during and after the event. If you are driving, be sure to arrive early before the street closures begin. Also, note that once the parade begins, light rail service will be temporarily discontinued between the Theatre District/Convention Center and 18th Street stations. For a complete list of street closures and closure times, please click here.
The best way to enjoy the parade is to come early and stay late. Use our website map & directory to map parking locations, Downtown restaurants, and more! Look for the ParkNow parking symbol
to identify lots that adhere to the “Top 5 Parking Priorities”:
- Clearly posted rates for regular parking and event parking.
- Visible payment options that include both cash and credit cards.
- Clearly posted hours of operation.
- Regularly open to the public and on a consistent schedule.
- Operator phone number prominently posted with timely customer service from the operator in case of concerns or questions.
There’s more parking available near the parade route well before parade time. So come early,
take advantage of Downtown’s great shopping and more than 250 restaurants, and enjoy Downtown
Denver’s holiday spirit.