The 9NEWS Parade of Lights: Get Involved
Calling all performance group and specialty units!
Performance Group & Specialty Unit Application:
2018 9NEWS Parade of Lights Performance Group & Specialty Unit Application
- Complete the Specialty Performance Group online application below
- Participants must all be at least 14 years of age
- A color photograph of the entire group in uniform/costume.
- A detailed description of your proposed parade entry including:
- Costumes and Props
- Two musical selections (all music in the parade must be pre-approved by parade producers to avoid duplication.)
- Group Biography including reason your group would like to appear in the parade.
- Past Parade Experience
- Major Appearances (in past two years and upcoming two years only)
- Fun facts about the group that spectators will find interesting.
A limited number of specialty performance groups will be selected to participate in the parade based on showmanship, individuality, and the detail and anticipated quality of their lighting/overall presentation as described in their application. There is no application or entry fee for selected groups.
Performance/Entertainment group is defined as a choreograph performance using music, props, costumes and lights. The performance must be in continuous forward motion and will not be permitted to stop to perform.
Specialty Group is defined as a unit who will exhibit showmanship and/or a unique entry, including equestrian, antique fire trucks, etc.
The Parade of Lights is an entertainment event, designed to appeal to families and to bring the community together. The parade will not be the forum for intolerance or political messages. As a component of the parade, some of the parade units will honor the religious significance of the holiday season and the cultural and ethnic diversity of the community. As the parade producer, The Downtown Denver Partnership will make decisions at its sole discretion as to the content, design and participants selected to appear in the parade.
Note for Commercial Entries
This application is intended only for non-commercial, community entries. For information on sponsorship and commercial entries, please call 303-469-7500.
The deadline for specialty performance groups to submit an application has passed. Please check back here for the 2019 application!
Please contact Katie at email@example.com with any questions!