Bus and Rail
Hop on! Downtown Denver is the hub of the Regional Transportation District’s (RTD) transit system, serving commuters and visitors from all parts of the seven-county Denver metro region.
Downtown Denver is the hub of the Regional Transportation District’s (RTD) transit system, serving commuters and visitors from all parts of the seven-county Denver metro region. RTD offers an integrated network of buses and rail lines to help get you where you want to go, including the new University of Colorado A Line that opened in April 2016 and the B Line to Westminster that opened in July 2016.
L Line | Downtown to 30th & Downing
RTD’s new L Line opened in January 2018. The L Line replaced the D Line between the 18th & Stout Station and the 30th & Downing Station, and runs on existing track acting as a “loop” around downtown. The L Line will operate between the 18th & Stout Station and the 30th & Downing Station, with all trains turning at 14th Street.
Additionally, the future L Line extension will connect the existing downtown rail to the University of Colorado A Line from the 30th & Downing Station to the 38th & Blake Station.
University of Colorado A Line “Train to the Plane”
The University of Colorado A Line connects Denver Union Station to Denver International Airport 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in just 37 minutes. If you’re traveling from Downtown Denver, you can catch the train behind the historic Denver Union Station building on Platform 1.
Need to park your car before your ride? Find out more about parking fees and rules here.
B Line | Union Station to Westminster
RTD’s B Line connects Westminster to Downtown Denver’s in less than 15 minutes. The new Westminster Station has 350 parking spaces with an additional 250 privately managed spaces, as well as 18 bicycle parking racks. The B line arrives and departs from tracks 6-8 at Denver Union Station.
Southeast Rail Extension
RTD announced a grand opening date for the line that will extend light rail service to RidgeGate Station – Friday, May 17. This extension will bring light rail service into Lone Tree, with three new stations and an additional 1,300 parking spaces.
RTD Rail System
RTD’s rail system includes 9 lines and 53 stations taking you around metro Denver into Downtown Denver and beyond. Find route details and schedules below:
- A Line Union Station to Denver Airport Station
- B Line Union Station to Westminster
- C Line Denver Union Station to Mineral Avenue
- D Line 30th Avenue and Downing Street to Mineral Avenue
- E Line Denver Union Station to Lincoln Street
- F Line 18th Street and California Street to Lincoln Street
- H Line 18th Street and California Street to Nine Mile Station
- L Line 18th & Stout Station and the 30th & Downing Station
- W Line Denver Union Station to Jefferson County Government Center/Golden Station
- R Line Light Rail Service connecting Nine Mile Station to Peoria Station
- G Line Denver Union Station to Wheat Ridge (opening 2019)
If rail doesn’t take you where you need to go, there are more than 60 RTD bus routes that head into Downtown Denver. Many stop at or near the two major RTD stations at each end of the 16th Street Mall: Civic Center Station and Union Station.
RTD’s Free MallRide shuttle service also offers a convenient way to travel through Downtown on the 16th Street Mall, stopping every block between Denver Union Station and Civic Center Station.
Route Details and Schedules
- Denver transit schedules can be found at Denver Union Station and Civic Center Station or online at rtd-denver.com.
- RTD Trip Planning Tool: Enter an intersection, address or landmark for your origination and destination points.