Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about the VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips, participation or logistics? We have your answer.
What is the 9NEWS Parade of Lights?
9NEWS Parade of Lights
The 47th Annual 9NEWS Parade of Lights on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 at 6:00pm. The two-mile parade route in Downtown Denver is the stage for Colorado’s brightest holiday tradition. The FREE holiday spectacular features marching bands, ornate floats, and, of course, a special appearance by Major Waddles the Penguin and Santa! Grab your hot chocolate and ear-muffs, this year is going to be better than ever! The Parade is also televised LIVE on Saturday, Dec. 4th from 6pm – 8pm on 9NEWS KUSA-TV, Channel 9.
VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips
Where & why buy a ticket?
- Buy an premium VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips has cabana or standing room ticket options in front of the beautifully lighted City and County Building on Bannock between Colfax and 14th Ave. Enjoy the descriptions and unique information of each parade unit from announcers provided by 9NEWS.
- Please click here to purchase your tickets for the 2021 9NEWS Parade of Lights!
VIP Parade Cabana – $1,500 each
VIP Standing Room Only Ticket – $40 each
- Suggested arrival is 45-90 minutes prior to the start of the parade.
How do we enter the VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips area?
- The entrance to the VIP viewing presented by Great Clips is on the west Bannock and the entrance is next to the white tents with Ticket Sales Signs.
Parking Tips for VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips ticket holders?
- The most convenient parking for persons who purchased VIP Viewing tickets or Cabanas is at the Cultural Garage with several hundred parking spaces. The Cultural Garage entrance is on the north side of 12th Ave just west of This is outside of the parade’s street closures.
Are there actual seats, or do we need chairs?
- Each VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips Cabanas has seating for 10 people and can fit up to 15 people in front of the lighted City & County Building on Bannock between Colfax and 14th. This is the only place we sell admission and provide seats.
- Wheelchair accessible space is available in the Grandstands area on
- The entire parade route has free standing room (you can bring your own seat) except for the one block on Bannock where the Grandstands are located.
What time do we need to arrive and be seated?
- Suggested arrival is at least 45-90 minutes prior to the start of the parade.
- VIP Viewing does open as early as 4pm on Saturday, December 4th.
- Remember Saturday Parade starts at 6pm.
What can we bring to the VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips?
- Allowed are: Blankets and strollers.
What is the difference between VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips and free viewing? I thought the whole event was free; why should I pay for tickets?
- Only the one block (where the VIP Viewing is positioned) is not free on the 2+ mile route.
- If you purchase a VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips Cabana, you get an elevated premium space in front of the beautifully lighted City and County Building on Bannock between Colfax and 14th with access to purchase food and beverages throughout the evening. Plus, enjoy the descriptions and unique information of each parade unit from announcers provided by 9NEWS.
- The parade has over 2 miles of free viewing from the sidewalks and Viewing can be somewhat obstructed because everyone is sitting/standing on the same level surface.
- The VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips area has portable restrooms.
How do I know if tickets are sold out?
- In the event the VIP Viewing presented by Great Clips sells out in advance of the parade dates, the online ticket sales site will state that information, as well as the Parade website.
- If the VIP Viewing Presented by Great Clips are not sold out in advance, tickets will be sold on a first come, first-sold basis for $1,500 for VIP Parade Cabana and $40 for VIP Standing room only Ticket (cash and credit cards accepted).
Can I get a ticket refund?
- No refunds. This is a rain, snow or shine event.
When will the Parade be televised for at-home viewing?
- 9NEWS KUSA-TV, Channel 9 on Saturday, December 4th, 6-7pm (live), Saturday, December 11th, 6pm – 7pm & Friday, December 24th, 10:35pm – 11:35pm
- My 20 KTVD, Saturday, December 18th, 7pm – 8pm
Will the Parade be live streamed online? Where?
- YES – 9News.com
What are the best spots for viewing the Parade? Least crowded?
Least crowded is generally the last 25%- 30% of the parade route on:
- 15th Street from California to Glenarm;
- Glenarm from 15th Street to 13th Street; and
- 13th Street from Glenarm to Colfax
How long does the Parade last from start to finish?
- Approximately 60 minutes once the parade is in front of you on the route.
Which hotels have the best view of the Parade route?
- Hyatt House Denver Downtown
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Denver
- The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa
- Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
- Grand Hyatt Denver
- Hilton Denver City Center
- Magnolia Hotel Denver
- Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
- Residence Inn by Marriott Denver City Center
- The Westin Denver Downtown
- Four Seasons Hotel Denver
- Hotel Teatro
- The Curtis Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Can my (music, dance, other) group perform at 9NEW Parade of Lights?
- Online applications for the 2021 Parade of Lights are now closed.
How can I volunteer to help with/work at the event?
- Please call 303-840-0045 or email email@example.com to discuss volunteer options.
Parade Staging and Street Closure Map
Please check back here for an updated staging map.