Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility Committee
Using the Downtown Denver Partnership work plan as a guiding document, the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Committee will provide leadership and input regarding how to:
- Integrate Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility principles across all Partnership programs and initiatives.
- Develop strategies to build an accessible and inclusive downtown through economic development, community planning, civic leadership and engagement projects, and more.
- Strengthen the Partnership’s relationships with the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and disability communities in Denver to include diverse voices in decision-making shaping the future of downtown.
Examples of Topics Discussed
- Advisement on marketing & storytelling initiatives for Downtown Denver that tell stories representing all members of the downtown community.
- Creation of an equitable Request for Proposal process for cross-organizational procurement practices.
- Development of the Partnership’s Diversity Speaker Series.
- Direction for outreach to diverse stakeholders from the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and Disability communities.
- Ensuring that DDP’s entrepreneurial & innovation programs are intentionally designed to serve diverse populations.
- Strategies for engaging diverse community stakeholders in the development of transformative planning initiatives and neighborhood activations.
Applicants will be a strong fit for this committee if they are:
- Passionate about inclusion and dedicated to building a diverse and equitable Downtown Denver.
- A connector with deep community ties in Denver’s business and nonprofit communities.
- Committed to expanding opportunities for diverse communities.
Applicants may find the most leadership growth if they have achieved the following experience levels:
- Senior leadership in any industry where they have demonstrated a commitment to DEIA initiatives within their organizations and beyond.
- Professional experience developing and/or implementing strategies around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
Committee Member Expectations
- Strive to attend ALL Committee meetings (four to six per year) and provide communication to DDP staff for necessary absences. One absence per fiscal year will be excused if communicated in advance.
- A virtual attendance option will be made available if a committee member communicates to DPP staff at least 24 hours in advance that they are unable to attend in person.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and any emails, reading materials sent prior to the meeting.
- Arrive to meetings on time and stay until the end.
- Serve as active participants by listening respectfully to others, contributing to the discussion, and communicating ideas concisely.
- Commit to a term of service of one year, renewable annually as mutually agreed upon.
Due to the nature of the DEIA committee’s work, robust participation in the Downtown Denver Partnership’s events and programming is strongly encouraged. Committee Members may be invited—though not required—to represent the DEIA committee on other DDP committees and task forces.
Committee Member Code of Conduct
The Downtown Denver Partnership is dedicated to providing an inclusive, respectful, and harassment-free member experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or branch of military service.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Members or participants violating these rules may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the Downtown Denver Partnership at the discretion of staff; they may also be barred from participation in future Downtown Denver Partnership committees, task forces, programs, and events.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of the Downtown Denver Partnership for everyone.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to the Downtown Denver Partnership staff.
The Downtown Denver Partnership is committed to engaging with our community of residents and businesses that fuel the quality of life and define the soul of Denver as we work to forge a center city that is welcoming to everyone, reflecting communities of the past, present, and future.Join Interest List