Using the Downtown Denver Partnership (Partnership) workplan as a guiding document, the Downtown Experience Committee will provide leadership and input regarding how to:
- Enhance the Taste of Colorado event, thinking through new program elements and logistics.
- Determine ways to creatively activate Blocks 1 and 2 of Skyline Park in the summer.
- Enhance the VIP area for the 9NEWS Parade of Lights, and brainstorm ways to increase fundraising opportunities and an improved attendee experience.
Examples of Topics Discussed
- Prioritization of events and activations.
- Creative updates to signature programs.
- Tactics for encouraging employers to leverage the Partnership’s public events for employee engagement.
- Strategic sponsorship & community partnership opportunities.
Applicants will be a strong fit for this committee if they are:
- Passionate about bringing the community together via large events and everyday activations.
- Involved in organizations that are invested in team bonding for their employees.
- People with ideas for relevant everyday activation of Downtown, e.g. residents, world travelers that have observed best practices from other cities.
- Deep understanding of priorities, timelines, and considerations for corporate community engagement and sponsorship decisions.
- Familiar with the role that community engagement plays in workforce development and organizational success.
Applicants may find the most leadership growth within the following experience levels:
- 10+ years professional experience in corporate social responsibility, community engagement, sponsorship, marketing, or a related role.
- Leader in organization’s community relations, employee engagement, or sponsorship strategy.
- Creative, strategic mindset for conceptualizing community events.
Committee Member Expectations
- Strive to attend ALL Committee meetings (four per year) and provide communication to DDP staff for necessary absences. One absence per fiscal year will be excused if communicated in advance.
- A virtual attendance option will be made available if a committee member communicates to the Partnership’s staff at least 24 hours in advance that they are unable to attend in person.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and any emails, reading materials sent prior to the meeting.
- Arrive to meetings on time and stay until the end.
- Serve as active participants by listening respectfully to others, contributing to the discussion, and communicating ideas concisely.
- Commit to a term of service of one year, renewable annually as mutually agreed upon.
Due to the nature of the Downtown Experience committee’s work, robust participation in the Downtown Denver Partnership’s signature events and programs is strongly encouraged. Committee Members may be invited—though not required—to participate on task forces advancing relevant Downtown Experience projects.
Committee Member Code of Conduct
The Downtown Denver Partnership is dedicated to providing an inclusive, respectful, and harassment-free member experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or branch of military service.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Members or participants violating these rules may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the Downtown Denver Partnership at the discretion of staff; they may also be barred from participation in future Downtown Denver Partnership committees, task forces, programs, and events.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of the Downtown Denver Partnership for everyone.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to the Downtown Denver Partnership staff.
The Downtown Denver Partnership is committed to engaging with our community of residents and businesses that fuel the quality of life and define the soul of Denver as we work to forge a center city that is welcoming to everyone, reflecting communities of the past, present, and future.Join Interest List