The Policy Committee shapes and reinforces the Downtown Denver Partnership’s civic voice by amplifying our public policy efforts and serving on behalf of our members as The Voice of Downtown Denver. This group serves as the advisory group to the Partnership to help strategize, develop, and guide implementation of policy priorities and legislative agendas. The committee is charged with referring positions on issues to the Downtown Denver Partnership Management Group Board of Directors and/or Downtown Denver Inc. Board of Directors for final adoption.
Examples of Topics Discussed
- Advise on the annual public policy member survey.
- Advise on the Partnership’s policy priority framework update.
- Advise on key policy issues, ballot questions each election cycle, and lead the efforts to engage candidates running for Municipal Election.
- Meet quarterly with all members of Denver City Council, Mayor and key City department leadership.
Professional experience in a public policy role.
Committee Member Expectations
- Strive to attend at least 75% of committee meetings and provide communication to DDP staff for necessary absences. One absence per fiscal year will be excused if communicated in advance.
- A virtual attendance option will be made available if a committee member communicates to DPP staff at least 24 hours in advance that they are unable to attend in person.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and any emails, reading materials sent prior to the meeting.
- Arrive to meetings on time and stay until the end.
- Serve as active participants by listening respectfully to others, contributing to the discussion, and communicating ideas concisely.
- Commit to a term of service of one year, renewable annually as mutually agreed upon.
Committee Member Code of Conduct
The Downtown Denver Partnership is dedicated to providing an inclusive, respectful, and harassment-free member experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or branch of military service.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Members or participants violating these rules may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the Downtown Denver Partnership at the discretion of staff; they may also be barred from participation in future Downtown Denver Partnership committees, task forces, programs, and events.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of the Downtown Denver Partnership for everyone.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to the Downtown Denver Partnership staff.
The Downtown Denver Partnership is committed to engaging with our community of residents and businesses that fuel the quality of life and define the soul of Denver as we work to forge a center city that is welcoming to everyone, reflecting communities of the past, present, and future.Join Interest List