Task Force Objective
Each year, CollaborEAT is one of Downtown Denver Partnership’s most memorable events. In the longstanding tradition of organizing this event in close collaboration with our members, we are assembling a member task force to help us design, plan, and execute this year’s CollaborEAT event on the 16th Street Mall.
We will need help to transform the Market Station block of 16th Street Mall and the alleyway of Market Station into distinctive outdoor dining experience for the Partnership’s members and community builders. We will ask the task force to help us develop an audience of community members who are interested in celebrating and supporting the future of the 16th Street Mall. Together with the task force, our goal will be to create a memorable and engaging event that provides space for public discourse, educates and inspires our community, tells the exceptional story of the mall, and showcases the character and businesses that define this vital public corridor of Downtown.
All task force members will be asked to attend 5 scheduled meetings taking place once a month at the Partnership’s office.
Meetings will be held on the last Wednesday of the month 9-10:30AM from May-September.
All task force members will also be asked to participate and play a role in the CollaborEAT event in early October.
- Senior or mid-level leader with direct ties to the 16th Street Mall Reconstruction project or 16th Street Mall retailers/restaurants.
- Possesses a strong network of local Denver connections who may be interested in sponsoring CollaborEAT and/or providing content for this year’s CollaborEAT event.
- Knowledge of Downtown Denver Partnership’s priorities related to the 16th Street Mall, including PopUp Denver Program and the Reconstruction project.
- Experience with event production and/or fundraising in downtown Denver business community.
- Passionate about supporting our vision for a safe, active, beautiful, and inclusive future for the 16th Street Mall.
- Previously attended a CollaborEAT event and/or was involved with planning previous CollaborEAT events.
Task Force Member Expectations
Task force members will:
- Strive to attend ALL meetings as outlined in this document and provide communication to Downtown Denver Partnership staff for necessary absences. One absence will be excused if communicated in advance. A virtual attendance option will be made available if a task force member communicates to Partnership staff at least 24 hours in advance that they are unable to attend in person.
- Commit to attending CollaborEAT, which is tentatively scheduled for the first week of October 2023.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and any emails, reading materials sent prior to the meeting.
- Arrive to meetings on time and stay until the end.
- Serve as active discussion participants by listening respectfully to others, contributing to the discussion, and communicating ideas concisely.
- Thoroughly complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines.
- Commit to the entire term of service as outlined in this document.
Task Force Member Code of Conduct
The Downtown Denver Partnership is dedicated to providing an inclusive, respectful, and harassment-free member experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or branch of military service.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Members or participants violating these rules may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the Downtown Denver Partnership at the discretion of staff; they may also be barred from participation in future Downtown Denver Partnership committees, task forces, programs, and events.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of the Downtown Denver Partnership for everyone.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to the Downtown Denver Partnership staff.
The Downtown Denver Partnership is committed to engaging with our community of residents and businesses that fuel the quality of life and define the soul of Denver as we work to forge a center city that is welcoming to everyone, reflecting communities of the past, present, and future.Apply Now