Economic Development Marketing & Recruitment Task Force
Staff: Bob Pertierra
Meeting times: Ad hoc (January – April 2023)
Task Force Objective
Provide input for the development and enhancement of “Why Downtown Denver” messaging and a suite of materials to better market downtown Denver and advance our competitive position.
Examples of Topics Discussed
- Assist in development of suite of materials to help with storytelling and recruitment, including digital and physical tools such as an online hub, testimonials, and case studies.
- Provide feedback and support for national proactive business recruitment strategy. Share information about companies that may be considering Denver for expansion as well as existing companies considering leaving downtown.
Applicant should have an interest and expertise in city building and economic development. Current experience with major employer or service provider actively engaged in the growth and expansion of the downtown Denver market in terms of investment, new facilities, new firms, and jobs. Director or executive level experience preferred. Participation is offered to all current members of the Economic Development Committee and qualified applicants.
Task Force Member Expectations
Task force members will:
- Strive to attend all meetings and provide communication to the Partnership’s staff for necessary absences. One absence will be excused if communicated in advance. A virtual attendance option will be made available if a task force member communicates to the Partnership’s staff at least 24 hours in advance that they are unable to attend in person.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by reading the agenda and any emails, reading materials sent prior to the meeting.
- Arrive to meetings on time and stay until the end.
- Serve as active discussion participants by listening respectfully to others, contributing to the discussion, and communicating ideas concisely.
- Thoroughly complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines.
- Commit to the entire term of service as outlined in this document.
Task Force Member Code of Conduct
The Downtown Denver Partnership is dedicated to providing an inclusive, respectful, and harassment-free member experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or branch of military service.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Members or participants violating these rules may be sanctioned and/or expelled from the Downtown Denver Partnership at the discretion of staff; they may also be barred from participation in future Downtown Denver Partnership committees, task forces, programs, and events.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of Downtown Denver Partnership for everyone.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to Downtown Denver Partnership staff.
The Downtown Denver Partnership is committed to engaging with the whole of our community of residents and businesses that fuel the quality of life and define the soul of the Denver as we work to forge a center city that is welcoming to everyone, reflecting communities of the past, present and future.Apply Now