2021 Downtown Denver Awards Criteria
The 2021 Downtown Denver Awards is a new kind of celebration. The Downtown Denver Partnership has adjusted the criteria for this year’s Awards to incorporate important and impactful efforts that have been made in Downtown Denver in the face of the pandemic. We are eager to celebrate a diverse array of successes from our community and peers.
Awards will not be selected based on any specific category. However, for the 2021 Downtown Denver Awards, we encourage nominations for businesses, organizations, or events that demonstrated:
- Resilience / Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Public Service / Employee Care / Advocacy and Government Action / Philanthropy.
Previous winners and nominees have been involved in some of these areas and are still encouraged to be nominated for the 2021 Downtown Denver Awards:
- Residential Development / Urban Environment / Public Development / Private Development / Historic Preservation / Open Space / Economic Vitality / Education / Arts & Culture / Attracting Visitors, Businesses and Residents to Downtown.
Final determination of eligibility of nominees will be made at the discretion of the Downtown Denver Partnership and the Downtown Denver Awards Jury.
Individuals are not eligible to win a Downtown Denver Award.
- The nominated project, activation, or initiative must have taken place or been completed in 2020.
- The nominee has made outstanding efforts and remained resilient amid the challenges faced as a result of the pandemic.
- The nominee should be a center city business, organization, event or project that made significant contributions resulting in a positive impact on Downtown Denver and supports the vision defined in the Downtown Area Plan.
- Nominated projects that are located in the transitional areas are only eligible if the project has a significant impact within the formal boundaries of the Downtown Area Plan.
- Nominations should align with the goals of the 2007 Downtown Area Plan and the Downtown Denver Partnership’s focus of growing the economic base in Downtown Denver, creating energized public spaces and districts, and connecting everyone to everything.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations you may submit and there is no fee for submissions. Nominations do not have to be submitted by a third party; self nominations are welcome.
VIEW THE DOWNTOWN AREA PLAN HERE
VIEW THE DOWNTOWN BOUNDARY MAP HERE
NOMINATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2021
Watch Our 2020 Awards Program Below